Friday, August 11, 2006

New Muslim

New Muslim

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

"I am a new Muslim. I am very pleased with myself of becoming a Muslim. Today, I feel that I am one of a luckiest person in the universe. Thanks to Almighty Allah (SW). I converted to Islam when I was in the UK at the age of 18. At that time I was studying in the final year at college. Buddhism was my previous religion. Both of my parents are Buddhists, worshipping divine beings i.e. idols, pictures etc. other than Allah (SW). As growing up, at that point in my life, I felt the inspiration and began to think about if there is such a thing as God. As a personal character, I like finding out about things. At that time I was very distressed, i.e. education, social life at young age etc. I was worshipping idols and pictures, seeking they assistance in gaining success in my life and in my education. To me when Islam approaches, it is like when the Angel Jibriel (AS) reveals the message of Islam towards Muhammad (SAW). I wish to thanks Allah (SW) for revealing the message of Islam to me.

A person name Abdullah, married with a child. At that time I did not know who it was, approaches me with a reasonable manner one day on the late afternoon when study finishes. I did not welcome him properly, at that moment to me he seemed like a stranger and he was asking for help with his studies. Personally, I am a kind person and I like to help others, I decided to help Abdullah. He invited me to his place and when I arrived we were studying and eating together. The friendship between me and Abdullah increases day by day. The coming and going to Abdullah’s place to help Abdullah with his studies continues for a while then my inspiration to Islam begins. At that time, I knew nothing at all regarding Islam. One evening at Abdullah’s place while we were studying, he said to me to take a break during the studies and that he has to perform a prayer. Abdullah performed the prayer a close distance from me. I got very excited and asked Abdullah what he was doing (about the prayer). He did not reply as he was praying. After his performance of the prayer finishes, he explains the purpose of the prayer. I was not curious at first time about the answer to why he prayers. As coming and going to Abdullah’s place, I have seen the result of more studies, more eating, the increase in friendship and that more prayers are performed in front of me. I asked many questions regarding Islam. He invited me to a Mosque and introduced me to Muslim brothers. My knowledge in Islam increased day by day, and finally Abdullah invited me to take Shahada. When I was at university, I continued in learning as much as possible about Islam, made friends with many Muslim brothers, attending many mosques London, eating and obtaining my first Fasting (Ramadan) with them.

I am now 23 years old, married and have a son. Today, I am living and working in a non-Islamic society (my country - Thailand is a Buddhism country). Five percent of the population here in Thailand is Islam. I don’t have much Islam contacts or persons to support me and my family towards Islam. I am trying my best to learn as much as I can about Islam i.e. on the websites. I thought to myself, if I discontinue in learning about Islam, Allah (SW) will never forgive me. I am calling on Allah almost everyday. Today, I believe in Allah 100% of my heart and all that encompasses Islam



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home